Prep Time: 10 minutes. Bake Time: 30 minutes. Serves: 6-8
A decadent cake you won’t believe that it’s made with only 2 ingredients!
With this exclusive recipe that was sent out to our email subscribers last week, we loved the feedback we got and just had to share it with the rest of you. A cake so moist, chocolatey and easy is too good not to share! When you look at the picture don’t you think that it looks more complicated and you probably need over 10 ingredients to make it? Well we can put a smile on your face and tell you it’s not that difficult to make a scrumptious looking cake like this.
We know that with the current situation in the world due to COVID-19, it can be difficult getting your favourite ingredients and extra shopping you sometimes need to bake certain things! So we’ll be sharing our recipes that don’t require many ingredients or just store cupboard ingredients so you don’t need to worry during this pandemic!
2 Ingredient chocolate cake!
Ingredients you will need:
4 eggs (egg whites and egg yolks separated)
250g chocolate-you can use chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (we recommended at least 60% dark chocolate!).
- Start off by preheating your oven to gas mark 4/ 350F/ 180C and grease a cake tin with a little butter or oil. (You can either use a tray bake tin or a round tin (make sure it’s at least 1 inch deep).
- Then melt your chocolate in a microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds and stir- if all of it hasn’t melted, put back in the microwave for another 20-30 seconds and stir until you have a smooth and silky consistency. Then set aside.
- Now using an electric whisk, whisk the egg whites until you have soft peaks.
- Then with the egg yolk add one into the chocolate mixture and mix through. Repeat this with the rest of the egg yolks, adding in one at a time. Once all the yolks are mixed through, using a plastic spatula add in half of the egg white mixture and fold through until everything has combined well together. Then add in the rest and repeat.
- Once the mixture is ready pour in into your tin and place in the oven. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. To check if it’s cooked place a butter knife through the centre and if it comes out clean then it’s ready!
- Wait for the cake to cool a little before removing it from the tin. To serve the cake you can dust with icing sugar, melt some more chocolate and drizzle it all over (we love chocolate so this is what we go for), serve with chopped fruit (strawberries are best) or with a scoop of ice cream!
We hope you enjoy baking this simple and delicious recipe just as much as we do!