Prep Time: 10 minutes. Bake Time: 25 minutes. Serves: 2
Sweet potato wedges are amazing! Are you looking for a different and tasty accompaniment to your main dishes? Do you always feel you go towards fries, mash or even a baked potato? Well why not give these sweet potato wedges a go? Now we bet most of you all love having them when you go out to restaurants but feel they’re more complicated to make! They do taste great in restaurants but most of the time they’re fried so here’s a recipe that will not only taste great but is much more healthier!
-2 large sweet potatoes
-2 tbsp olive oil
-1tsp garlic powder
-1tsp onion powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp paprika (optional)
-Fresh chopped parsley (optional)
Feel free to add more flavour to these measurements if you want a stronger flavour!
1. Start off by preheating the oven to gas mark 6/ 400F/ 200C.
2. Next peel the sweet potatoes and cut into wedges (you can also do fries if you wish just reduce cooking time by 5 minutes). Then wash in cold water and shakes off any excess water- you can even use kitchen towel to pat dry.
3. Now place the wedges into a large bowl and add in the oil and garlic, powder, salt, onion powder and paprika and mix well together.
4. Then arrange the wedges onto a baking tray and spread out evenly.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the wedges have crispy edges. Half way through turn the wedges over using a spatula or kitchen tongs.
6. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately with your choice of main course, or as a large sharing bowl with guacamole and lots of dips!
We hope you enjoy our recipe! We love these and like to mix it up sometimes by not always have white potatoes so get healthier and make something just as tasty!