Christmas Recipe Day 7…
Prep Time: 15 minutes. Set Time: 3 hours. Makes: 12-18 Sticks
Peppermint hot chocolate is a wonderful hot drink around this time of year and let’s face it we all love hot chocolate but peppermint adds that wonderful twist! Mint and chocolate is an amazing combination. it’s one of those pairings that you can never go wrong with no matter what you make. This recipe is great as it can be made well in advance so whenever you feel like a hot chocolate, simply warm some milk and pop the hot chocolate stick straight into it and let it melt!
-100ml heavy cream (VEGAN option coconut cream)
-25g crushed peppermint (you can use crushed candy canes or sweets)
-1tsp peppermint extract
-Lollipop sticks/ disposable wooden spoons
1. Start off by adding the cream and condensed milk to a large saucepan and place over a medium heat, Bring to a simmer and add in the peppermint extract if you’re using it. Stir for a few minutes until everything has mixed well. For a Vegan recipe double coconut cream is perfect to use!
2. Next in a separate heatproof bowl add in the chocolate chips and pour the milk mixture over it, stirring slowly until the chocolate has all melted.
3. Next add a sprinkle of the crushed peppermint into the base of the moulds you’re using- you can use a cupcake baking tin, silicone moulds or even an ice cube tray.
4. Then place a spoonful of the chocolate mixture over the crushed peppermint into each mould. Then leave to set for a few minutes and add a lollipop stick in the middle of each one. (You don’t need to add the marshmallows here to set you can simply pop those onto the sticks before serving!
5. Place in the fridge to set for approximately 3 hours and when you want to enjoy a hot cuppa simply melt the stick into a hot mug of milk!
The best chocolatey drink to keep you warm and cosy…
You were mint to have these 😉