Prep Time: 10 minutes. Set Time: 20-25 minutes. Makes: 18-24.
Our no bake double chocolate cookies are great when you want that sweet fix but don’t want to go through all the hassle of baking and waiting for your treats to cook in the oven. This saves washing up and everything can be done in one pan. With The Great British Bake off back on our screens we loved all the biscuits they made last week and although they made some wonderful bakes we wanted to give you an even easier way to make biscuits which still taste as amazing and what better way to start than with double chocolate cookies…
-125g peanut butter
-100g dark chocolate chunks
-50g white chocolate/milk chocolate chunks
1) Before you get started, line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper and set to one side for later.
2) Then chop up the chocolate that you’re using into chunks and set those to one side too.
3) Next get a large saucepan and put on a low heat. Then add in the butter and peanut butter and stir until they’ve reached a smooth and runny consistency.
4) Next add in the oats and mix well until they are all covered by the butter and peanut butter mixture. Then add in the chocolate chunks and mix well until they are evenly distributed throughout the whole mixture.
5) Now stir the mixture for approximately 3 minutes and then add in the milk and stir for an extra minute. You should have a thick porridge mixture that you can use to make cookie shapes that stay in shape. If the mixture is dry you can add a splash more milk.
6) When the mixture is ready take it off the heat and get 1 tbsp of the mixture and press down into a circle on the baking trays you prepared earlier. Repeat this until you have finished all the mixture and remember to leave at least 1-2cm between each cookie. Once you have all your cookies ready place in the fridge for 20-25 minutes to set.
7) Once your cookies are set, enjoy with a nice cool drink or if you still want more chocolate a hot chocolate goes really well, especially when you dunk the cookies into it!
These cookies will last for 3-4 days in an airtight container in a cool dry place.