Christmas Recipe Day 20…
Prep Time: 15 minutes. Set Time: 2 hours. Serves: 8
No bake cranberry cheesecake is the perfect dessert to make if you prefer cold desserts this Christmas. Cranberry is great to have during Christmas time and with this dessert it’s easier than ever to have your favourite dessert with a touch of cranberry to add that extra zing! So if this sounds like a bit of you go ahead and make it…
-250g digestive biscuits/ you can use gingernut biscuits too!
-100g butter, melted
-600g cream cheese
-100g icing sugar
-275ml double cream
-1 jar cranberry sauce
1. Start off by greasing a round baking tin with butter- preferably with a removable edge. Next put the biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush to crumbs using a rolling pin or you can use a food processor.
Add the biscuit crumbs to a bowl and then pour over the melted butter. Then mix thoroughly until the crumbs are completely coated. Tip them into the prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer.
3. Once this is done leave to set in the fridge for 1 hour and make the filling.
4. To make the filling, place the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla seeds into a bowl, then whisk until smooth. Next put the double cream in and continue whisking until the mixture has completely combined.
5. Spoon the filling onto the biscuit base, and level out using a spatula. Leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
6. When you’re almost ready to serve, remove from the tin, bring the cheesecake to room temperature and spread on the cranberry sauce- be as generous as you like!
This makes a great alternative to a hot dessert as it’s light and creamy with that added zing from the cranberry.
You’ll love this no bake cranberry cheesecake berry much, we just know it 😉