Dairy-free milk is much easier to make than you may think and as you may not want to leave the house as much to get simple things like milk at the moment, Almond milk can be a great alternative! It only takes 2 ingredients and a blender!
Ingredients you need:
750ml water (when blending)
- If you’re happy to wait a day then it’s best to soak your almonds in cold water overnight, however if you’re in a bit of a rush then you can soak your almonds in boiling water for 2 hours.
- Once your almonds are ready place them in the blender along with the water-if you want thicker almond milk you can put in less water and if you want it more thinner then you can add more water. To make the milk have a more sweeter taste you can add in a couple of dates, cocoa powder or even a dash of vanilla.
- Now blend everything for about 2 minutes until it starts to look like milk-smooth and creamy!
- Now that the milk has been blended, get a large bowl and place a clean muslin cloth or really thin tea towel over it. Then pour out half of the milk onto the cloth and pick up all the corners of the cloth and squeeze out the milk. This will remove any bits or lumps. Repeat this with the rest of the milk.
- Once you have all the milk you desire place in a jar or very tight bottle and put in the fridge- this will last for up to 4 days. Please remember to shake the milk before you use it as it tends to separate.
Give it a go…a great alternative to milk which you can make any time you want! Almond milk is also vegan and gluten free! Healthy and nutritious everyone will love it! The more you make it as well, the more you can experiment with different flavours!