Christmas Recipe Day 11…
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook Time: 30 hours. Makes: 1 litre
Hot apple cider is so amazing! This homemade fruity festive drink is perfect for those cosy nights in and goes well with almost any fruity bake! We love this because it doesn’t require too much work so it’s easy to make and it’ll feel just like a warm hug so it will help keep you warm on these cold evenings. Also if you prefer, you can also add in a little alcohol if you wish but to be honest it doesn’t need it- there’s so much flavour you will love it just as it is. With all the fresh fruits it won’t get any fresher than this…
-8 apples- cut in quarters and stalks removed
-1 large orange- cut in quarters
-1 star anise
-4 cinnamon sticks
1. In a large saucepan, add in the apples, oranges, spices and sugar and place on a medium heat. Then fill the saucepan with water until it’s an inch above the fruit.
2. Bring the pan to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 2 hours with a lid on.
3. Next remove the oranges and using a masher, mash the apples until you have a soft mixture. Now continue to simmer but this time leave the lid off for approximately 1 hour.
4. Then using a mesh strainer remove all the solids from the apples until all you have is liquid- you can also use a wooden spoon to make sure you get out all the juice from the apple mix.
5. Once ready serve hot with a fresh cinnamon stick and a sliced of apple if you wish!
We hope this drink brings you comfort during this festive season!
It’s awesome to the core 😉