Christmas Recipe Day 12…
Prep Time: 15minutes. Bake Time: 15 minutes. Serves: 10
Gingerbread men are the ultimate Christmas bakes that you can make with your entire family and have fun baking this month! They’re easy to make and even more exciting to decorate. Let’s face it, it wouldn’t feel like Christmas if you didn’t have some gingerbread men. The smell of ginger just fills the house with that festive spirit and kids absolutely love them so this will be the perfect family bake. So when everyone is on holiday, get them all involved to make these cute little bakes!
-220g plain flour
-2tsp bicarbonate of soda
-1tbsp of ground ginger
-100g soft brown sugar
-6tbsp golden syrup
1. Start off by preheating the oven to gas mark 5/ 375F/ 190C, line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper and grease with some butter.
2. Now sieve the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and ground ginger into a large bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
3. Then in a small saucepan, over a low heat melt the butter, sugar and the golden syrup and mix until everything is combined well and melted. Then set aside to cool.
4. Once the butter mixture has cooled, add to the flour mixture and form a dough. Once your dough is formed, wrap in clingfilm and place in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes to set.
5. Once your dough has set, roll out until about 1/2cm thick and cut out gingerbread men shapes, then place on a baking tray. Repeat until you have finished all of your dough.
6. Bake in the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes until golden brown and soft to touch.
7. Once baked let them cool and while they’re cooling prepare your decorations. You can use icing, melted chocolate or even writing gel pens for the faces- get creative here and decorate how you like!
We hope these gingerbread men really get you into the festive spirit…
Sugar, spice and everything nice 😉