Prep Time: 15 minutes. Bake Time: 20 minutes. Makes approximately: 24
Ginger biscuits are great as they have that strong ginger flavour and they taste so lovely with a cup of tea…What’s your ultimate go to biscuit when deciding on what to have with your cup of tea? There’s so many choices but we think ginger biscuits are a top choice!
They’re so easy to make and everyone will love them! These biscuits are great because you can use just store cupboard ingredients and basic ingredients to make them- even the kids can get involved!
Ingredients needed (Don’t worry if you don’t have everything you can always substitute some ingredients):
-125g softened butter, extra for greasing.
-3tbsp of golden syrup
-350g self-raising flour
-1 egg beaten
-200g caster sugar
-1tsp of grated orange zest.
-1tbsp ground ginger
-Pinch of salt.
-1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/ 325F/ 160C.
- Sieve in the flour, salt, sugar, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan until the butter has melted. Then let it cool slightly then pour over the dry ingredients.
- Add in the egg and orange zest and mix well so that it forms a dough.
- Make 24 balls out of the mixture and place on the baking trays. Flatten each one with your fingers making sure you leave enough space between each biscuit.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool and then enjoy!
We hope you enjoy these yummy biscuits and bake more treats like these that contain immunity boosting ingredients. Ginger is really good for you and is so verstaile so we encourage you to experiment with it more with sweet and savoury dishes!