Prep Time: 10 minutes. Bake Time: 12 minutes. Makes: 6
These egg and broccoli savoury muffins are great for when you want a quick and tasty lunch that’s packed full of protein and perfect for the whole family. Eggs are very versatile and sometimes you can get stuck in a rut without even realising and you end up making the same old scrambled eggs, boiled eggs or even if you’re feeling creative you’ll make a poached egg. However when you want full on flavour from eggs that’s a lot healthier than quiche these muffins are just what you need!
-1 head of broccoli
-100g grated cheddar cheese
-1 large chopped red onion
-1 small red chilli
-1 handful of cherry tomatoes
–1tsp mixed herbs
1) Start off by preheating the oven to gas mark 6/ 400F/ 200C and grease the muffin trays with a little butter.
2) Firstly add the eggs and milk into a large bowl and whisk using a hand whisk then set aside.
3) Next chop the broccoli into small chunks and do the same with the onion, tomatoes and then finely chop the chilli. Add all this into the egg mixture and combine well.
4) Now add in the grated cheese, salt, pepper and mixed herbs and stir through well.
5) Once your mixture is ready, pour it into the muffin tray making sure that each one is filled to the top and evenly distributed.
6) Bake the savoury muffins in the oven for 12 minutes until well risen.
7) Once your muffins are ready, take them out the oven and let cool them for a few minutes. Then using a blunt butter knife go around the rim of each muffin to release them- they should come out really easily.
Once your muffins are ready they can be eaten straight away…
These high protein savoury muffins are so tasty and are one of our go to lunch options. Packed with veggies and flavour they’re also 1 of your 5 a day!
You can serve with your choice of salad, more veggies and potatoes if you wish. We’ve chosen to serve with a spinach salad, sauteed garlic mushrooms and hash browns- an amazing combination!
Make lunches fun and tasty again! Enjoy!