Christmas Recipe Day 21…
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Set Time: 2 hours. Serves: 2
(This was our 21st recipe, however apologies it did get deleted by mistake and so we’ve added it back on for all of you 🙂
Decadent Chocolate Mousse- the most indulgent, rich, simple yet satisfying chocolate dessert you can make! Whether you’re having a small celebration this year or a bigger family get together you can tailor this recipe to how many people you want to make it for. Chocolate goes with anything and is perfect for any occasion but there’s something about this time of year that just makes you want to eat it in as many ways as you can…we can honestly say this is us and chocolate is something that we love enough to create many desserts out of it…chocolate heaven!
-50g dark chocolate, broken into chunks- we use 80% but you can use one not as strong if you wish.
50ml double cream
-2 egg whites
-1tbsp orange liqueur- or you can use amaretto which works well too.
-1/2tsp golden caster sugar
-Cream to serve!
-Chocolate sauce to serve
-Chocolate shavings to serve
1. In a sauce pan over a medium heat, add the cream and warm until hot but not boiling, then take off the heat and add in the chocolate. Stir slowly until melted.
2. Then in another bowl whisk the egg whites and then gradually add the sugar until the egg mixture forms into stiff peaks.
3. Now add in half the egg white mixture into the chocolate and fold through quickly so the chocolate doesn’t get too cold or harden. Add in the remainder of the egg whites and fold through until you have a thick and glossy chocolate mixture. Next add in the liqueur and combine well.
4. Spoon the chocolate mousse into serving glasses and pop in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
5. Once the mousse has set, top with cream and decorate with either chocolate sauce or chocolate shavings!
Take pleasure in this amazing decadent chocolate mousse dessert- those beautiful flavours and textures is just a win!
You’ll love this a choco-lot! 😉