Prep Time: 10 minutes. Bake Time: 25 minutes. Makes: 12
These mixed herbs and cheese muffins are perfect for a snack, light dinner or even a light lunch. After this Easter weekend and all the chocolate that you may have eaten, have you been craving something savoury? We have the perfect bake that’s easy to make and only takes a few simple steps!
When we’ve had a lot of the sweet stuff these are our go to muffins- they’re so scrumptious and have a wonderful combination of the most simplest of ingredients which contain the most delicious flavours! So go on give these a try…
It is a versatile recipe so there are substitutes that can be made.
-230g self raising flour
-45g plain flour
-1tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp salt
-2 tbsp mixed dry herbs/ a handful of chopped fresh basil
-120g grated cheddar cheese
-150g greek yogurt
-60ml vegetable oil
-2 medium red onions, chopped (optional)
1. Start off by preheating the oven to gas mark 6/ 400F/ 200C and place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tray.
2. If you’re using red onions place these in a frying pan and cook for 2 minutes until soft and then set aside.
3. Next, in a large bowl mix the self raising flour, plain flour, baking powder, salt and mix well.
4. Then in another bowl combine the cheese, onions if you’re using them, yogurt, oil, milk and egg until it’s all mixed through well and then mix with the dry ingredients. Finally add in the herbs you wish to use and mix these through thoroughly.
5. Once your mixture is ready place equal amounts into the muffin cases and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown!
Enjoy these muffins on their own as a light snack or with a salad for lunch. They will also make a great addition to your garden picnics!