Christmas Recipe Day 1…
Prep Time: 15 minutes. Cook Time: 5 minutes. Set Time: 1 hour
Candied orange slices dipped in chocolate are amazing! They’re always seen in the most wonderful chocolate shops around Christmas time because of their amazing flavour combination. Chocolate and orange is not only one of our favourite combinations but it’s perfect for around this time of year too. A exquisite sweet treat you can easily make yourself and such an easy recipe to start off our Christmas month with…
-2 medium oranges
1. Start off by adding the water and sugar into a large saucepan, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar over a medium heat, until the mixture starts to boil slightly.
2. Then take off the heat and place the orange slices carefully flat side down on the base making sure they don’t overlap and leave for at least 2 minutes until the orange slices have soaked up the sugar mixture. Then remove the slices using some kitchen tongs and place on a wire rack to cool. Repeat if you have more orange slices left.
3. Once slightly cooled you can use kitchen towel to dab off any extra sugar. Then place in the fridge to set for at least 20-30 minutes. (You can also leave overnight to set more firmly).
4. While the oranges are setting you can make the melted chocolate. Now we use dark chocolate as it tastes so much better against the oranges. The bitterness of the dark chocolate really compliments the sweet orange slices. To melt the chocolate you can simply melt chunks/chocolate chips in the microwave for 20 seconds on a low heat, stirring and then placing back in the microwave and repeating until it has all melted.
5. Once the orange slices are set and the chocolate has been melted, simply dip the slices into the chocolate and place on another plate. Repeat with all the orange slices and then put back in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes. Ideally overnight would be best but if you can’t wait to eat them 30 minutes will be fine 😉
Enjoy these orange chocolate slices as a treat yourself or even give as a gift- we guarantee everyone will love them just as much as we do!
Let the Christmas season begin!