Prep Time: 10 minutes. Bake Time: 12 minutes. Makes: 12
Fruity Jam tarts are a must for every summer and go well with picnics, afternoon tea or just that little dessert you want after a meal. So we’re here to share our quick and easy recipe with you all with an extra surprise fruity twist. Sorry we’ve been so quiet lately we’ve been working on another project which we can’t wait to share with you all and hope that it will also help you in all your baking needs.
With Jam tarts you can be creative, add lots of different fillings and ingredients…our favourite is of course just jam but we also love to make the tarts with flavoured cream/lemon curd and fresh fruit! (As pictured above). However you can’t go wrong with the good old classic with a twist so see below for the recipe:
-275g Plain flour
-150g cold butter, cut into cubes.
-Variety of Jams (substitutes available)
-3tsp apple sauce
1) Start of by sieving the flour into a large bowl and add in the butter. Then using your finger tips rub the flour and butter together until you have a breadcrumb mixture.
2) Once you have your breadcrumb mixture add in the apple sauce and mix well until it forms a dough. If the dough is a little dry add a splash of water. Then once your dough is ready, wrap it in clingfilm and place in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes to set.
3) After the dough is firm, pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5/ 375F/ 190C and lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
4) Now lightly dust a clean surface with flour and roll out the dough until it is about 1/2cm thick. Then using a cookie cutter or top of a glass (approximately 6-8cm in diameter) then place each one into the muffin tray. Then add in spoonful of jam into each one. Have fun with different flavours here if you wish. If using cream and fresh fruit, just blind bake the pastry cases for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown, let them cool completely then put in your choice of fillings.
5) Bake the jam tarts in the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the jam is bubbling. Once baked take them out the oven and let them cool slightly before eating.
We hope you enjoy these yummy little fruity treats!