Christmas Recipe Day 3…
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Bake Time: 25 minutes. Makes: 12 muffins
Cranberry muffins are a really great simple bake to make at Christmas time and you can make them ahead of time saving you more time on Christmas day which is perfect. The spices and the fruit flavours really compliment this time of year and they’re even better when they’re enjoyed with a nice hot cuppa! We love making these and they make a wonderful treat as part of your Christmas breakfast!
-225g plain flour
-1tsp bicarbonate of soda
-100g softened butter
– ¼ tsp salt
-150ml natural yoghurt
-75g chopped walnuts
1. Firstly preheat the oven to gas mark 5/ 375F/ 190C and line a baking tray with 12 muffin cases.
2. In a bowl sieve in the flour, cinnamon, salt and bicarbonate of soda and mix well together.
3. Then in a separate bowl, start by whisking the butter and sugar until you have a creamy texture then add in the eggs one at a time and mix well. Next add in the yoghurt, vanilla, cranberries, chopped walnuts and combine everything together.
4. Next add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and fold well together until you have a cake type batter.
5. Now that the mixture is ready, use a tablespoon to put equal amounts of the mixture into each case, filling each case about ¾ of the way.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and well risen. Use a butter knife and cut through one of the muffins to check if they’re cooked all the way through. If the knife comes out clean then they’re ready!
The first bite is amazing, moist with that Christmas spice flavour- you and everyone one else will love it!
Ain’t nobody gonna tell us muffin’…we know these are the best! 🙂